The Oscar Blomeen House

Oscar Blomeen built this home for his family in 1913. After moving to Bremerton in 1917 to work in the Navy Shipyard, he rented the home out to the Stone sisters, who were nurses that turned the home into the area's first hospital during the flu epidemics of 1917 and 1919. Doctors also delivered babies in a bedroom-turned-operating room on the home's second floor. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.

Latest News Seattle

BlockShopper